For patients in isolation/COVID-19 units:
- Transition to 100% disposable dinnerware for patient trays.
- Update the delivery model: The dining team brings the trays to the nursing unit and the nursing team delivers the meals to the patients.
For other patients:
- Ensure continuity of operations, providing in-room dining with an emphasis on patient needs and dietary restrictions.
- Comply with the CDC’s recommended foodservice guidelines.
- Provide appropriate personal protective equipment for your dining team.